Imperia Online International
April 27, 2024, 00:20:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prices  (Read 2052 times)
torveaux
Private

« on: August 02, 2014, 03:13:42 AM »

Do the prices for building and technology upgrades follow any pattern whatsoever? Because I can't find any, after rigorous analysis of several different samples. Given that there are over sixty different buildings and technologies, I wasn't expecting that they'd all follow the same pattern, but for no pattern at all to be evident seems counterintuitive. From what I know about coding (granted, it's relatively little), it would make the game very, very clunky if no mathematical pattern existed for upgrades. I did notice that the resource-productive buildings jump dramatically in cost between 10 and 11 (I'd wager because new provinces start with them at 10 and only the capital requires you to build from 1 to 10). I also noticed that the costs of some buildings and technologies follow the same progression, or progressions which are proportional to each other. I know the developers don't pay much attention to these forums, and that the moderators might not have direct knowledge of the math that makes this game (like every game) tick, but I like my games to make sense to me, and for the most part, Imperia has done a great job of that.

Thanks for listening.
Madzoism
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 22:47:51 PM »

I did notice that the resource-productive buildings jump dramatically in cost between 10 and 11.
Yes they do, but the capacity of the same buildings is much higher than the previous levels.
You can use the technology calculator to check how the prices for the buildings/researches are growing.
torveaux
Private

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 00:02:55 AM »

Let me clarify:

The prices do not seem to follow any mathematical pattern. The cost of one level of a building does not seem to be related to the cost of the previous level of a building in any detectable way, except that it is greater. Can you give me any more information about that, or put me in contact with someone who can?
Madzoism
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 00:15:08 AM »

That is all info i know and unfortunately i don't know where to redirect you.
torveaux
Private

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 00:15:48 AM »

Can another moderator please answer this question?
Muwe
I know nothing.. But about everything!
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 14:34:42 PM »

The fastest way to get an answer would be from the game support.

Their contact is: support@imperialsupport.org

Cheers.

Valar morghulis !
torveaux
Private

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 15:06:31 PM »

Since the question was asked, I did find patterns in a few buildings, but others are still weird... Did you know that levels 27 and 28 of Houses cost exactly the same thing? Once I get really hooked on a game, I like to break it down into tiny pieces in order to get better at it. So congratulations, you've got me hooked.

*offtopic*
Muwe
I know nothing.. But about everything!
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 15:09:18 PM »

I`m glad you`re enjoying the game so much. Reason for which neither me nor b_mad would not want to offend your passion with inadequate answers.
This is why I asked you to send an e-mail to the support team. They are the ones that would have the answer this this question.

Cheers *Smiley*

Valar morghulis !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: