Imperia Online International
April 20, 2024, 06:07:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Points  (Read 3164 times)
torveaux
Private

« on: August 02, 2014, 02:11:46 AM »

How are points calculated? I went here http://www102.imperiaonline.org/imperia/game_v6/game/help/?section=economy&lang=en&speed=4 and it said that it's the sum of all resources spent divided by 1000, counting double points for military units, but this does not coincide with my observations in-game. Somewhere else I read that each resource has a different amount of effect on net worth points - I don't remember what the numbers were, but I think spending iron netted you more points than anything else. I can't find that source anymore. Can you clear up that calculation for me, please?

While I'm at it, another clarification: when the points awarded for owning buildings, troops, and technology are calculated, does it take into account the actual amount of resources spent, or an arbitrary "value" assigned to each military unit and building level? What I mean is this: in my observation, when the temple awards you troops in the daily bonus chest, your point value increases. I tested this independently of anything else that increases points. This makes it appear as though it does not matter how many resources were spent to acquire units, buildings, or technology, or even whether any were spent at all. I suppose my question is really whether that means that the amount of points awarded for buildings and technologies has anything to do with university or architecture levels (because they affect the amount of resources spent).

Would it be too much to ask for a points calculator (type in your total army, technology levels, number of provinces, levels of the buildings in each province, number of trading posts, military posts, colonies, buildings in each of those... okay so it's a lot of stuff.)? Assuming, of course, that university and architecture levels don't affect point awards. Yes, I know, suggestions is a child board, but I was already here talking about it and I'm lazy.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Madzoism
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 22:45:02 PM »

What you've read about iron is from the previous version of the game so in v6 all resources have the same value (1gold=1wood=1iron=1stone).

How many points will one building or research add to your account depends from the resources spent for the same, so yes, architecture and university do take part in that.
You can use the formula that you've found in the how to play guide, it's correct you can also use the technology calculator in the game so you can check how many resources do you need for research/building in order to calculate how many points will you raise http://prntscr.com/48x5ua

P.S.  Please don't be lazy and ask the question separately. Asking 3 questions in one post is very confusing.
torveaux
Private

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 00:07:16 AM »

If points are calculated only based on the amount of resources spent, then why do my points jump when I receive troops from the daily bonus chest? Is something unintended happening here?
Madzoism
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 00:11:51 AM »

That is normal troops cost resources and they are added to your account.
torveaux
Private

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 00:15:13 AM »

Are you saying the troops you get from the bonus chest subtract an equivalent amount of resources from your stockpile? Because first of all, if that happens then it isn't really a bonus, and second of all, that is definitely not what I've observed happening. Is anyone else available to answer this question, because I'm sorry, but you aren't making much sense.
Madzoism
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 00:18:11 AM »

I said add, not subtract. Did you noticed that you are missing resources when you receive army from the temple.
Madzoism
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 00:19:16 AM »

Or maybe losing population?Huh?
torveaux
Private

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 00:24:09 AM »

That isn't happening... Which is why I didn't understand what you said.

Yes, troops normally cost resources. But from the bonus chest, they cost you nothing. Therefore, they should not add any points, following from the logic that points awarded are derived by the formula (total resources spent)/1000, awarding double points for troops. Since I did not spend any resources, that formula evaluates to (0)/1000 = 0 * 2 = 0.

Either bonus chest troops awarding points makes no sense, or awarding points based on the resources an individual player spends (and not on the value of what he buys) makes no sense.
Madzoism
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 00:25:58 AM »

So you are saying that when you use resources received in the temple for buildings researches army etc. shouldn't add points to your account Huh?
torveaux
Private

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 00:28:06 AM »

That is not what I am saying. In that case, you are spending resources, and so the formula evaluates to a non-zero number. What I am saying is that either one element of this system is flawed, or the other one is, because they can't both be true at the same time.
Madzoism
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2014, 00:32:20 AM »

Look at that as a gift because it is....The system will calculate the army from the temple as it was hired by you. The good thing is you don't lose happiness nor population for those troops. What you are suggesting here just doesn't make any sense to me, sorry.
torveaux
Private

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2014, 00:37:57 AM »

But getting more points is not a gift.  *hahaha*

More points means bigger players attacking you. I would be willing to play under a double standard like this if it meant everyone gained an advantage from it, but it's really a disadvantage to suddenly have your points increase by 10% because you got "lucky". I'd rather choose how my points increase by spending my own (bonus?) resources than have a computer decide, randomly or otherwise, that I am in desperate need of five times as many supply wagons as I'll ever need, and players bigger than I'm prepared to defend against breathing suddenly down my neck. I'll post a suggestion in the appropriate section, and I do dearly hope that something will actually be done about it for once.
Madzoism
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2014, 00:45:28 AM »

You can always disband the army, receive 50% of the resources back and bonus population  *hahaha* *xxx* *NOSPAM*  and naturally you can make a suggestion. If you select extra or never empty casket in the temple you can choose what you will get *wink*, so that's one more thing that doesn't make sense *Grin* You won't mind if i lock this topic then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: