Imperia Online International
April 18, 2024, 17:07:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Throne Hall Bug  (Read 4093 times)
jrose323
Private

« on: April 29, 2014, 16:29:35 PM »

Thorn Hall/Army tab is not correctly calculating garrisons. The garrison is reporting unit numbers instead of the number of slots occupied within the garrison.
Muwe
I know nothing.. But about everything!
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 20:10:46 PM »

Can you please leave your username, realm and a screenshot with the problem?

Thank you.

Valar morghulis !
jrose323
Private

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 20:34:30 PM »

jrose323- Realm 160

If you had a way to post a screenshot without me hosting the file someplace, I would post.
Muwe
I know nothing.. But about everything!
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 20:35:48 PM »

You can try and use a couple of screen capture programs.
Lightshot is one of them.. and you have the file online.. if you want to save the file then ok.. but its just your choice..
Google prtscrn.com

Valar morghulis !
jrose323
Private

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 00:46:44 AM »

As you can see, No garrison is available, so Throne hall should show 3840/3840. Instead, it shows the count of units in garrison instead of the garrison slots those units occupy.
Dint
Trusted Member

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 16:26:32 PM »

This is a bug indeed, thank you for reporting it. It will be fixed. *ok*
dcassidy
Private

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 10:11:20 AM »

It is now 3 months since this 'minor' adjustment was recognized as a bug but it seems it has not been deemed as a priority...shame as Empire maintenance from the Throne Hall is one of the most important and interesting aspects of the game.

From the Army 'Tab' I would suggest that you carry it maybe a bit further and take some exampples from real-life business applications.
Typically when one in business needs to examine the status of a 'situation' they are initially presented with a primary status which indicates whthere they need to 'drill' deeper.
Therefore in this situation the most important aspects might be.
1. Garrison slot usage and actual unit residency in those garrisons.
2. Dormant armies in the Field whereby they could be garrisoned thereby saving on Army Upkeep.
3. Mission Costings.

1. Garrison slot usage and actual unit residency in those garrisons.
Now before going headlong into criticizing the current screen there could be a minor change to the 'initial screen' that would better summarize what folk might need to know.
   a) There are 2 summary columns Garrison and Whole Army; Change to 'Garrison Usage' (or 'Garrison Complement') and 'Army Units' and possibly suffix with 'Free Slots'
   b) Thus the change to the 'numbers' might only be to change the Siege Engine from Units to Garisson usage --> Thereby a Garrison with limit of 3520 and 100 Battering Rams with 10 Swordsmen might look like 3510/3520/10 with the Army Units as it currently would display 110.

2. Dormant armies in the Field whereby they could be garrisoned thereby saving on Army Upkeep.
    The quickest indicator that there is Army upkeep (i.e. Army units in the field) might be to change the color of the Unit could to RED if not ALL garriosoned.
    An addition Checkbox (to 'Show all provinces and units') might be to add one called Army Upkeep; this table would primarily show the field army ONLY and display the Units in the Field along with the Gold that is costing the Empire. An additional column might suggest 'Optimum Garrison Movement' ; this is easy as optimum savings are always in decreasing Upkeep cost e.g. garrison Siege engines, then Elite Archer, Light Cavalry. An extra Row might indicate the optimum 'FILL Order' of the Garrison.

3. Armies on Missions COST the Empire and these could also be indicated in the screen indicated in 2) above.

There are many options and enhancements that could be made....these are just a few of my own ideas....

Cheers,

Angela
Community Manager

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 10:45:44 AM »

The problem will soon be fixed, thank you for your patience. Thank you for your suggestions, I'll forward them for a review.

Angela
Macedonian Community Manager

Facebook Fan Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: