Imperia Online International
April 19, 2024, 11:56:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attacking Aggressors  (Read 2325 times)
GreatGuardian
Sergeant

« on: December 08, 2013, 07:52:48 AM »

Since a trading post, a military post and a colony can be attacked regardless of the difference in points, the Aggressors tab should also allow you to attack an aggressor the first time regardless of the difference in points. Otherwise, low level players and accounts that can be created in a day or two can be used to harass anyone's trading posts, military posts and colonies without penalty. And the response shouldn't be "just deploy more army or build a higher fortress" - this still negates the purpose of the option to deal with aggressors without being penalized.
Angela
Community Manager

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 16:32:33 PM »

Aggressors tab and special resource terrains have different purpose.
Aggressors tab shows the players who had attacked the player or other players he/she is married to. First attack on an aggressor does not apply punishment on Honor. The first attack against аггрессор won't have any negative effect of honor penalty, which includes attacks for pillaging. All attacks outside the allowed range of x5 are and will stay forbidden.
Attacks on special resource terrains (trading post and colony on a special resource), and attacks on a military post, which protect a trading post are not affected by point range penalties, meaning that there are no punishments on the morale, honor or the attack of the invader. The whole empire is affected by the special resource bonus and the allowed attacks which are not affected by point range penalties are a fair price.
On the other hand, attacks on military posts which don't protect a trading post and colonies which are not founded on a special resource are affected by point range penalties like other holdings of the empire, and yet there is a chance for a colony to become indestructible if its ownership is kept for 2 weeks after reaching 8th level of the fortress and to receive the same status of annexed provinces.

Angela
Macedonian Community Manager

Facebook Fan Page
GreatGuardian
Sergeant

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 04:59:31 AM »

I know and understand the rules, I am just pointing out an example of something that makes sense to me. Right now, if somebody attacks your trading post, they show up in the Aggressors tab. Guess what? You can't attack that person, because he is out of 5x range. So what's the point of them showing up - so that you can see there is someone attacking you without being able to do anything about it?
Moreover, a fortress 3 can be brought down by about 1000 light soldiers and 10 rams, which is practically the starting army of every player after a few quests. Apart from multiple accounts being against the rules, what is stopping a player from registering a new account and sending 3 quick attacks the next day at someone's trading post, so that they wouldn't have to attack it themselves.
I'm not complaining - I think the trading post is a great new addition, since colonies were always such a massive investment in the old version, plus they were hard to maintain when far away. I just think there is more work to be done on the whole 5x range thing and the aggressors penalty.
Angela
Community Manager

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 14:17:24 PM »

It will be reviewed, thank you for suggesting.

Angela
Macedonian Community Manager

Facebook Fan Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: