Imperia Online International
April 23, 2024, 11:02:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Improvements  (Read 5074 times)
JanW
Private

« on: April 11, 2013, 14:38:16 PM »

This game is very interesting and unique compared to the other browser strategies. I tried it several times in the past always ended the same way. Visited one day by the enemy just 2x stronger. Completely ruined army/castle/resources and my gaming experience.

Now it happened nearly again after 2 years I tried it again. To be just attacked... - I had 2h break - office / home transfer. During that time I was attacked. Castle ruined - several hundred thousand resources stolen. WTF I had my army away just to return about the time I arrive home. If I had my archers garrisoned he would not get in.

There is very simple solution. You have to declare war before attacking. I like strategies from Paradox - EUIII, Victoria, Hearts of Iron. So you cannot attack if you don't declare war first and the should be at least 24h in advance. It is pain and I guess that's way so many people quit the game just to log on (even if online nearly all day) to see the disaster that happened in time you were offline and couldn't react. Also the 2x limit for attacker is bad, and the honor penalty weak. The total point system is nonsense because the attacker benefits from it greatly. If you have strong army and no economy, you can just plunder your same point level players with good economy but weaker army because their points are in research and buildings too - so same points but less troops. So this model with point counting is bad.

Also I was very dependant on the market and not being able to cancel my offer is another flaw. How can I trade if the situation at the marketplace changes? I have to either wait 2 days - while missing a lot of opprtunities to trade or upgrade marketplace and hope I don't get another item stuck for 2 days.... the posting fee I lose is enough, 2 days of trading is outrageous.

I may play a bit but I don't thnik it would be much longer than the previously. I would like to play it but there are moments the can quickly spoil your experience. Right now the unexpected attck from nearly 2x above player and market that you cannot use - you cannot sell -> you cannot buy because you don't have money from selling.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 15:05:51 PM by JanW » Logged
JanW
Private

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 15:01:50 PM »

Just to add what was my point. I spend lots of time with this game and watching how hours/days of work are gone in a second and you cannot do anything about it is not a good feeling to continue playing and to spend another time (and money) knowing that you can lose it anytime again.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 15:02:51 PM by JanW » Logged
higrm
Sergeant

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 17:03:05 PM »

If you spent less on research and buildings and more on soldiers, you would be less of a target.  If you leave resources laying around AND send your army away, then that sounds like an invitation to anyone with enough supply wagons to carry it away.  The game is fine, your strategy is what needs to be modified.
Of course, just my opinion.
Higrm
JanW
Private

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 20:53:11 PM »

Even if I leave full garrison there if someone decides to attack me than he can get the resources as well.
higrm
Sergeant

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 21:50:24 PM »

If that is the case, then you have too many resources and too few soldiers.  Buy more soldiers, leaving them outside if they don't fit inside, and leave less resources.  Of course there are sadists looking only at military points and they'll attack you even if they lose money, but that is reality.
muradulislam
Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 05:09:43 AM »

the resources in your capital should always be less than the gold equivalent a player will lose in an attack on your castle, after a little time you get the hang of it but as higrm said, if you want to hoard resources then the best way is to keep your army in the capital, garrisoned archers and ballista to discourage an attack but this is also not full proof. A strong army can still beat you.
Another way is to distribute them among your provinces and hope no one spies you.
Imperia is best coz no strategy is 100% effective, you have to adopt all the time just like in real life.
Enjoy the game even if you lose a battle or two...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: