Imperia Online International
April 17, 2024, 01:03:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Move army function  (Read 8526 times)
Robinhood112
Private

« on: March 17, 2013, 01:55:02 AM »

This 'move army' function under army deployment needs some work.

For majority of players when they are not online and wish to leave their army garrisoned they will split the type of units equally amongst each province (or weighted depending on garrison space available) to ensure that they are not over-exposed by having only one type of unit in a garrison (e.g. only spearmen garrisoned would make you susceptible to attacking archers).

My problem is that when I use the move army function and select 'all' to send all my army to all of the provinces at once, it doesn't split the units equally amongst the provinces in proportion to garrison space.  Under the current system,  I will end up with all my calvalry in one province, all my archers in another, my swordsmen in another and so on.

This therefore makes it extremely time consuming when I move them to attack someone and then when my troops return I have to manually allocate them correctly to each province. 

Seems like an easy fix to make that would make the game much less time consuming and more enjoyable for the majority of players.
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 13:07:13 PM »

This function purpose is to make garisonning easier when you are online so you dont pay army upkeep. And it garisons most expensive units first. Garisoning the way you decribe wouldnt be good for that purpose. And when you are not online, if enemy wish to destroy your army, garisoning army in your way wouldnt help much, because that wont stop attacker from destroying fort and army. Unfortunatly, e cant make system which will make all players happy - current one is made to make it easier for players to put army in fortress to avoid army upkeep.

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
Robinhood112
Private

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 21:02:06 PM »

Why can't we have the option which way we want to garrison our troops - like by using a drop down menu similar to the option where we can choose the defensive/offensive stance.  You could have the option per the current way, to split troops equally amongst the provinces and to split troops in proportion to garrison size.

I spend at less twenty minutes a day just messing about with re-organising my troops after I have been attacking and am about to log off.  I know from when I attack other players that they also organise their troops in a similar fashion to mine - with not all the most expensive troops in one province.

I still think you guys need to look at this to make the game less time consuming for the players.
Decimus
Private

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 00:52:22 AM »

Why can't we have the option which way we want to garrison our troops - like by using a drop down menu similar to the option where we can choose the defensive/offensive stance.  You could have the option per the current way, to split troops equally amongst the provinces and to split troops in proportion to garrison size.

I spend at less twenty minutes a day just messing about with re-organising my troops after I have been attacking and am about to log off.  I know from when I attack other players that they also organise their troops in a similar fashion to mine - with not all the most expensive troops in one province.

I still think you guys need to look at this to make the game less time consuming for the players.
thats a litle piece regarding gametime consuming, consider how much time you need for the game ATM, when they do migrate all realms to double speed.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 00:53:43 AM by Decimus » Logged

Ultra-Decimus, ex-gthyju378.
Wow, arent forgotten: Excesiv, dinnu, a_sad_got :-*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: