Imperia Online International
April 18, 2024, 10:24:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R4 E5 story of barcodes  (Read 8240 times)
Reaccão
« on: December 21, 2007, 11:20:53 AM »

The era is coming to an end and I thought I'd write something about it.

When the idea of a Superera came up 6 months ago, we decided Reacro had to be in it. Seeing how difficult it was to find war targets as a big farmer alliance, I thought about playing low points. The ultimate account being one with 5 provinces, 1 boxed level 7 fortress in mountains, the rest fortress 1 or even 0 (Tugboat didn't  quite get the message and built a level 3 fortress  *Grin* *Grin* *Grin*. Grounds for dismissal, but he managed to avoid being kicked out). Our low point strategy we owe mostly to Octavian although we all went different ways.

My idea was finish the level 6 fortress get elites and then start declaring 4-5 wars a week. We knew that bigger alliances would gangbang us, and that we would lose lots of armies and lots of wars. It didn't happen quite that way... we couldn't resist starting wars as soon as possible. As soon as we reached 5000 points we started declaring. Once started we couldn't stop and one month into the realm we had a big lead in the alliance race. Farmer alliances like LegionIII had tried and failed to beat us and very few alliances fought back. Those who actually beat us (Alliance and Polska), did it by disbanding or kicking their members. We could have won against Polska had the vacation system worked correctly, not to demenorize Polska in any way, who fought a great war.

Our goal was to win the alliance ranking. We also wanted to do it with low points, for several reasons. One was that most of us only had played with high net worth before, both farmer and warrior ways, but always at high points.

We also hoped to force big farmer alliances to keep their points lower and make the realm more fun. With this we failed completely... after 3 weeks of wars we already had more alliance ranking points than we had when after winning R5 and all farmer alliances had given up the alliance race  *sad*  Which paradoxly meant that we succeeded with another of our goals: showing that the current alliance system is crappy.

After realizing that noone was going to threaten us in the alliance race we decided to try to reach 60 wars won during the realm... and against 60 different alliances. We did reach 60 wins only because Djtomy declared on us by mistake. Someone asked him to join Uruk in the All-Star War... and I think he misunderstood... he declared on us instead  *Smiley* At least that's what I think happened. So, I believe we won 60 wars against 59 alliances.

The All-Star war was never about llllllll, nor about Uruk. It did give a special touch to the era, and I hope it will happen again. Thank you to everyone that participated, and congratulations to the winners whoever it is.

The name? The lllllllll, well that goes back to my first sejour in IO, Jan-Mar 2006, there was this player that I used to attack and I could never get his name right, I just couldn't remember the letters in the right order. It was XAHPYM or something like that (I still can't remember it... but I found him again in R10 a couple of months ago). I also wanted a difficult name when I came back in December 2006, thus Ill1mc. It didn't quite do the trick so I thought about llllllll and an entire alliance with the same name. I only got 2 more to take the name but it was fun anyway. Also the other two alliances that took llllllllll made one or two players ask a lot of funny questions. Next time I will make 2.... no there won't be next time....  *Smiley* *Smiley*

As I am leaving the game I must say a few words about my comrades. All of them are among the very best in IO, it was an honour to play with you, I really regret we never got to meet eachother in real life, but it's not too late.

Tugboat, you are still a noob, but when you get your act together and leave all that board meeting and stock market shit, you will be the best.  *bravo*

Octavian, you master high points, low points, whatever. You managed to play IO extremely successfully, work full time, mostly without a computer and also study half time. Cheers

Isolde, everyones favourite multiaccounter  *Grin* you have always been by our side with great loyalty and intensity. You screwed us up badly but I am really glad you are back.

Belgarion, you have been with me for 12 months now  *rose* *rose*, time flies. We have had a great time together, a lot of laughs. I still remember all the times we wrote the exact same thing at the same time, you always 1 second after me...  *pardon*

Take care of business now that I'm gone...  *kissgirl*

P.s. I copied this post here, it seemed more appropriate  *rose* sorry if I made you read it again
Hiske
Trusted Member

I want a personalized magnet! :D

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 11:49:57 AM »

P.s. I copied this post here, it seemed more appropriate  *rose* sorry if I made you read it again

that's ok... it was a nice story *rose* and congrats again for winning the rankings! I was really pissed off with your playing style in the beginning; but now I realize it was a brilliant experiment! so congrats! 60 wars is really impressive!
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 11:52:26 AM »

Probably one of the best era in IO. And a lot of records (some with help of bugs *Lips Sealed*).
Congrats for winning the alliance ranking! And you had 61 wars won *Tongue*

I am the one and only!
k_mihai
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 12:02:32 PM »

congrats again!
Reaccão
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 12:09:25 PM »

61 it was, I was confused...

The last week made it the Superera, definetely  *rose* *rose*

About our playing style, it wasn't like other alliances couldn't declare on us, we were surprised at the lack of interest on us. Everyone was mad at us, but appearently not enough to declare on us, even the big alliances when we were in their range. I suppose most of them thought they'd do it later...

At the same time, lots of the wars we fought were against alliances that had tough wars against other alliances, against us they simply just didn't fight back.  *Angry* Justice and Polska (first war), for example, they didn't attack us once, but they gave other alliances hell.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 12:10:08 PM by Reaccão » Logged
Naylrod
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 13:12:43 PM »

we were surprised at the lack of interest on us.

For us it was because of our NAP, wich I didn't wanna break up. I really wanted to do a war aginst you guys since you seemed to be very good at it and about our equals in net-worth. That was also why we choosed Uruk for the last war even thou we voted for you.
Q-bura
Lieutenant

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 13:29:59 PM »

It was XAHPYM or something like that (I still can't remember it... but I found him again in R10 a couple of months ago).

It was XAHKPYM.  *Lips Sealed*

makavelis
Major

Prince Makaveli

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 14:28:02 PM »

congrats for the last era in r4 guys  *bravo* *bravo* *bravo* *bravo*

Reaccão
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 23:34:06 PM »

It was XAHKPYM.  *Lips Sealed*

Exagtly, thanks  *rose*

congrats for the last era in r4 guys  *bravo* *bravo* *bravo* *bravo*

*rose*