Imperia Online International
April 18, 2024, 07:18:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: phalanx power  (Read 9596 times)
killerking
Private

« on: April 08, 2012, 14:39:01 PM »

"With every 1000 phalanx in the army in attack, there is a bonus attack x0,5%"
question:
it is unlimited ?
10m phalanx in an attacker (alliance) army has 5000% (aka. x50) attack power ?
fragmaster
Forum Staff

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 14:42:22 PM »

Bonus is capped to 200k units per zone,giving double damage. Having more than 200k+ helps linear way ,and also keeps bonus on 100%
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 14:43:00 PM by fragmaster » Logged

citral
Captain

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 23:58:13 PM »

Is this only for the Phalanxes in the army, orfor the whole army??
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 09:03:37 AM »

Only phalanxes. And same bonus for catapracths on the other side.

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
citral
Captain

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 00:51:39 AM »

Only phalanxes. And same bonus for catapracths on the other side.
maybe you understood me wrong, but I ment, does the whole army get the bonus, or just the Phalanxes?
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 09:30:45 AM »

Only phalanx, not the whole army.

tiger
Piackage
Private

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 01:38:39 AM »

Just one more point of clarification for me, if you could. Does this only apply when attacking? Would having a large number of Phalanx defending your Capital in a Field Army get this bonus? Phalanx are historically known as a defensive-minded unit, but when reading "With every 1000 phalanx in the army in attack" it sounds as though the bonus would only be effective while on offense. Frankly, no one in their right mind would send Phalanx on a fortress siege as they would be ripped to shreds by the garrisoned archers. Basically one could conclude that Phalanx have only one effective role, as an attacking army in a field battle vs Nomads with large numbers of Cataphracts. Am I interpreting this correctly?
gthyju378
Private

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 01:57:49 AM »

Just one more point of clarification for me, if you could. Does this only apply when attacking? Would having a large number of Phalanx defending your Capital in a Field Army get this bonus? Phalanx are historically known as a defensive-minded unit, but when reading "With every 1000 phalanx in the army in attack" it sounds as though the bonus would only be effective while on offense. Frankly, no one in their right mind would send Phalanx on a fortress siege as they would be ripped to shreds by the garrisoned archers. Basically one could conclude that Phalanx have only one effective role, as an attacking army in a field battle vs Nomads with large numbers of Cataphracts. Am I interpreting this correctly?
historically, phalanx does not exist, is not a unit is a unit formation, formation wich is ancient, not medieval. this thing tell a lot about game mods.
Is an atack bonus, not a defensive one.
gthyju378
Private

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 02:00:13 AM »

The phalanx (Ancient Greek: φάλαγξ, Modern Greek: φάλαγγα, phālanga; plural phalanxes or phalanges; Ancient and Modern Greek: φάλαγγες, phālanges) is a rectangular mass military formation, usually composed entirely of heavy infantry armed with spears, pikes, sarissas, or similar weapons. The term is particularly (and originally) used to ..etc... wikipedia is the source.
Piackage
Private

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 02:16:16 AM »

Actually, I see the originally post was from a long time ago, and a different version of the game. Having just checked the current wording of the Phalanx desciption in-game, it now reads:

• For every 1000 Phalanx present, their attack is increased by 0,5%.

Thus removing the implication that the attack bonus was only active while on offense. If now appears that it is a straight forward bonus, applied anything the Phalanx are present, regardless of their role in battle.
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 12:59:45 PM »

Yes, they get bonus to attack, no matter in attack or defence.

tiger
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: