Imperia Online International
March 28, 2024, 19:50:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: imperian kill nomad  (Read 6945 times)
sheridon
Captain

« on: May 02, 2011, 15:56:31 PM »

whoi has ever seen an imperian that killed a nomad? i will like to know. nomads only need cataphracts plus cataphract archers to win a field battle, that combination is almost indestructable. imperian has same points, same quantity of soldiers and nomad always wins, imperian is only strong economically but nomad will always win. the only imperians that can win need to have millions of phalanx to survive the first 3 rounds of brutal slaughter from the cataphract archers. i just dont see or understand the battle mechanics. who can tell me here what is needed to win against a nomad who attacks with 120,000 cataphratcs+ 120,000 cataphratc archers............. its ridiculous, even a nomad with 50,000 cataphracts+ 60,000 cataphract archers can break an imperian army of 66000 phalanx, 30000 elite archers, 34,000 guardians and 34,000 paladins. totally ridiculous  rant rant rant
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 01:21:14 AM »

whoi has ever seen an imperian that killed a nomad? i will like to know. nomads only need cataphracts plus cataphract archers to win a field battle, that combination is almost indestructable. imperian has same points, same quantity of soldiers and nomad always wins, imperian is only strong economically but nomad will always win. the only imperians that can win need to have millions of phalanx to survive the first 3 rounds of brutal slaughter from the cataphract archers. i just dont see or understand the battle mechanics. who can tell me here what is needed to win against a nomad who attacks with 120,000 cataphratcs+ 120,000 cataphratc archers............. its ridiculous, even a nomad with 50,000 cataphracts+ 60,000 cataphract archers can break an imperian army of 66000 phalanx, 30000 elite archers, 34,000 guardians and 34,000 paladins. totally ridiculous  rant rant rant

here is 3 for you  *hihi*

http://www22.imperiaonline.org/imperia/game_v5/game/bitki.php?report=82/1824509/&bitkaKey=8db3dd4b73c6369747eae0f80f22bb86

http://www22.imperiaonline.org/imperia/game_v5/game/bitki.php?report=82/1805630/&bitkaKey=2eeeb5be901076db0d524a63611857af

http://www22.imperiaonline.org/imperia/game_v5/game/bitki.php?report=82/1732391/&bitkaKey=eff9b57c2f339b6ef9b1d45b55038743
sheridon
Captain

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 01:50:13 AM »

those arent so good.............. none of them show a nomad with a good combo cataphract+ cataphract archer.
true_odin
Private

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 06:19:46 AM »

Maybe you got a point for the bonus we have with cataphract but as you said every coin has 2 sides, your economy is many and many times stronger than nomads also your fortress are stronger... our siege is very weak... you can make more army and paid more unkeep with big economy....an for us is very very difficult to destroy a fully developed F9 (moat, towers and high fortification level ) even with 1800 trebuchet you loose many army....this give you  another great advantage you can safely stock more resources...and use banking....this mean at this point of the game you grow faster....

Also about cataphract combination use on simulation phalanx and paladins combo and you will see....
sheridon
Captain

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 13:27:33 PM »

yes i calculated it, phalanx+paladins combo is highly destructive against the nomad army. anyways its too late to build army now, everyone has quit, no enemies near me. i stayed offline for 3 days and not even 1 attack, i had many millions of resources just piled up there, no way i could have done that in v4
vmandura
Private

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 14:58:28 PM »

http://www22.imperiaonline.org/imperia/game_v5/game/bitki.php?report=84/718327/&bitkaKey=c81c21a9fc6539bddffe83b5a12c1072

maybe this one will fit the description you wanted
sheridon
Captain

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 21:29:24 PM »

hehehehe you were lucky to win with 36 moral, very nice battle but if you noticed that nomad only has 35k cataphract archers, your phalanx would have been totally eaten up if he/she had the same amount or cataphract archers as they had cataphracts. but you were extrememly lucky, some of the nomads are real life nomads *hahaha* *hahaha* put the combo and you still die evil3 evil3
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 00:41:53 AM »

hehehehe you were lucky to win with 36 moral, very nice battle but if you noticed that nomad only has 35k cataphract archers, your phalanx would have been totally eaten up if he/she had the same amount or cataphract archers as they had cataphracts. but you were extrememly lucky, some of the nomads are real life nomads *hahaha* *hahaha* put the combo and you still die evil3 evil3

I'm nomad and i would NEVER do same number of cat archers as i have cataphracts. Cat archers are "nice" but cataphracts are THE army.

Same as with imperians - phalanx ARE the army to build the rest is support.

If Cat archers have more rounds to fire arrows things would be different but as it is now cataphract bonus is something that gives better results.

Same with phalanx. Bonus is making them the most important unit for imperians.
vmandura
Private

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 02:22:59 AM »

i have come to a discovery of the max efficiancy of the imperian army. and i follow it now. what you need is 500k phalanx, 100k light cavelry, 5k archers, 0 guardians, and 1500 trebuchets. actually that is what i have so far but am building more. it is the cheapest possible and the most efficiant vs nomads strategy. why? first of all i have coal, and use formation strong center. my phalanx are useless on flanks so i keep them in the middle by making always enough light cavelry to fill the flanks fully with cavelry. why light cavelry? because it is cheap and does the same trick as the paladins do. i don't expect flanks to survive when my opponent is a nomad with 300kcat + 150k cat arch. in first 2 rounds he kills 90% of my flanks but it is a calculated loss because my phalanx are safe in the middle and formation strong flanks with flanking archers is a mission impossible to win on all 3 fronts. after first 3 rounds of archers, begins combat. in next round my flanks are dead and one side gets at my phalanx in backup and other on my archers. this is by the way a reason why i have so little archers. they die anyway, so i just need enough to keep cath. arch. away from my phalanx first 2 rounds. after round 5 phalanx start to dominate. fort is a piece of cake. i was lucky that time yes. my problemm was that i forgot to set to strong center, and attack was realy early in the morning so i didn't notice my order of sentinels and order of wariors were gone just 1h before attack. (she had them too) anyway i choose my colonyes to support my army(coal, wool, gold, farms, wood all 10% and maxed lumbermills). when you look one phalanx costs 0.6 gold, and one light horseman 0.8 i think. this way i am heading to a few mill army. hopefully noone stops me  *hihi*
true_odin
Private

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 07:09:39 AM »

vmandura very good strategy, but as I said every coin has two sides, you really use well your army and formation, but also a good nomad will do the same, as far I know, we use one just like yours ( get the maximum of the bonus), here is the catch you can use for example 300k cat, and half of them will be cat archer (150K) then you need about the half of all cat to be heavy sword man (225k) to fill the center, and start to destroy the phalanx then the number of trebu depends on what you are attacking, also you don t need elite archer, at the end cata archer do more damage than they... this is also the cheapest army...you use strong flanks w flanking archers....
vmandura
Private

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 10:10:22 AM »

well at my field where i have 10% attack and life pts up due to defending, and field bonus that increases my lifepoints by 25% additionaly and decreases cavalry attack 30% (mountains with forests) i am very strong. but in attack sure i get much more vulnerable. partialy because i lose all the bonuses i mentioned, and mostly due to speed of my army movement. with my chartography 23 i am 5-6 times slower then nomads who are just waiting for me to leave my empire to pillage me. but what can you do. who ever took imperians at the start knew he would be a defense guy with attacks over night only  *locker*
sheridon
Captain

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 15:02:45 PM »

wow vmandura you are absolutely correct with that army combo you speak about, and even if the nomad attacks with swords to break the phalanx, heavy swordsmen are cheaper than guardians and will be enough to stand in the center and fight. im actually very happy now that i opened this thread *ok*
vmandura
Private

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 16:27:14 PM »

yes but my main point is thatmy combo costs much less then combo needed to beat it, at least if you are looking from nomad perspective. if you add that imperian economy can produce much more gold and resources then nomad one, you get to a conclusion that in a week when i hit 3M pts, a nomad with 3M pts won't be a match because his army will be already too expensive to him, and i will have more and still space to do more without getting into negative gold. from reading other posts here i get to a conclusion that i develop different then raptor2(my uni is only 29 at this stage) but i have 7 medals, 4k honor, plenty of economy pts and MP and have plenty place left to develop much much more then i have. if this realm doesn't finish too soon(castles) i might get close to 6-7M what would be pretty nice in my first season *Grin*
sheridon
Captain

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 17:04:51 PM »

very good, but raptor 2 strategy only work in v4a, where you can buy the constructive hours very cheap, 4 hours for 2 credits, in v5 you have to pay a lot of credits for instant construction. i play v5 just because the new v5a is still a little slow to kill time.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 23:45:30 PM by sheridon » Logged
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 22:24:06 PM »

very good, but raptor 2 strategy only work in v4a, where you can buy the constructive hours very cheap, 4 hours for 3 credits, in v5 you have to pay a lot of credits for instant construction. i play v5 just because the new v5a is still a little slow to kill time.

V5a?Huh? Never heard of that.

By the way, vmandura have a nice strategy against cavalry but any "serious" nomad have much more than cavalry.

My army composition would wipe vmandura army with no troubles. I really strongly suggest you vmandura to add some paladins.

Phalanx alone just won't do it against well prepared nomad.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: