Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 10:56:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The End of Farmers' days.  (Read 7791 times)
Flanger
Network Administrator
Captain

ad sanguinem incitare

« on: September 16, 2009, 17:10:01 PM »

With recent player list glitchfix, the shiny days of farmers are over.
There is no more possibility to manage the upkeep of huge army in
peaceful way. Since university *fix* (no I'm not against it, but I'd
love to see saner timers, 2x or 3x maybe but not 8x) it will be very
challenging to get decent income which can support huge army's
upkeep, still there was an alternative way to get income by seeking
out the goldmines and wiping them again and again.

Now that alternative income method is also disabled. So there is the only
one way that can let you possess such a huge army as you have now - fortress siege.

Again I'm not against the mood, that this game has to be more military oriented and even
forced (that is happening right now), but seems like up there, nobody really considered,
how time consuming will this new model become, since it could be done more reasonable way.

I know a lot of people who started this game and like it, because it doesn't require as much
time as other games, letting them play it during the little time intervals they have. But these
modifications render them mediocre now. I'm not even mentioning, that there is no 6hrs rule
in v4a (which I loved before these modifications), that now is even worse, since even if you
track and learn possible victim's playtime, you still aren't guaranteed, that you will succeed
in looting him/her.

I myself and I believe also a big portion of people will have to reconsider their strategies and strive
to adapt to the new model, that have been kindly presented by ones above there. This will
result a big loss of interest in the game (in my humble opinion), since average player, who played
peaceful way will become victim №1 and be hunted all the time. Prices on market will skyrocket and
will cause trade nearly useless, since terrible deflation will occur. Ingame Economy is going to collapse.

As I noted above, the worst thing that it will require more time investment for success. You will have
to be either 24/7 in battle or become prey. There is no more "golden middle", even if you are skilled
warmonger, there is a chance that your army will get locked or something else environmental (connection
loss, power loss etc.etc.) happen, that will make you vulnerable for a certain period of time. And when your
army goes down, it will be 10x harder to get back on track, since everybody around will start hunting you
again and again, even if they aren't personally against you, they will need to manage their upkeeps! What
else can they do now...

I call it "bless of the teenager". No offence, just youngsters have more free time to devote it for their likings.

All hail the teenage or loafer warmongers! Yes! This game is now yours!

P.S. This is not a whining thread, this is an illustration of the game's future, if the current model remains intact.

//Sincerely
//Flanger
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 17:21:24 PM by Flanger » Logged

dasher
Sergeant

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 17:50:28 PM »

The avg teenager doesn't spend much if any on web based internet games - so if you're not directing your energies to attracting and keeping those between 20-40 years old, who have income, what's going to happen to your business?

Also keep in mind that it's harder to attract new players than to convert existing ones.
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 19:48:20 PM »

The avg teenager doesn't spend much if any on web based internet games - so if you're not directing your energies to attracting and keeping those between 20-40 years old, who have income, what's going to happen to your business?

Also keep in mind that it's harder to attract new players than to convert existing ones.

amen...average day goes school school school  with coffee in intervals  *freak* and when theres no school then...basketball soccer alcohol  *freak* and possibly b!tches (and beaches if its summer)

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
markezt
Private

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 20:50:33 PM »

totally agree with all of the above. except in my realm market prices are currently 20% lower, because everybody is selling, and nobody wants to buy. *Smiley* the biggest drop in price of stone, since it is not needed for army training. some from my alliance has quit already. i'm not teenager, i don't have time 24/7, I don't want to become hunted 24/7 (war from time to time is good enough for me) and if this new rule (which was first reported as bug) stays, i'm leaving. fortunately i haven't pay anything, but if I leave I sure won't come back.

This is whining thread...
HRdevil
†Just add -k†
Major

Death doesn't end evil, it merely sets it free.

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 20:57:22 PM »

amen...average day goes school school school  with coffee in intervals  *freak* and when theres no school then...basketball soccer alcohol  *freak* and possibly b!tches (and beaches if its summer)
*bravo* the game stopped being realistic since these changes taking away all posibility because once u r down (vacation, dead army...) high point player will be imposible to reach  because of economy.

HRdevil is no more, released his slaves on realm 38 & 5 and decended to the gates of Hell. evil4
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 21:03:12 PM »

*bravo* the game stopped being realistic since these changes taking away all posibility because once u r down (vacation, dead army...) high point player will be imposible to reach  because of economy.
yes..v1 was good tho you could have fun even with average points and end up in top 50 something  *freak*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
blackdeath
Captain

All i can do is pity and honor the victims.......

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 22:03:54 PM »

OK flanger i am very happy with the elimination of farmer mode, but i would like that the market be locked when under attack like in v4 models, that no buying is allowed only sales. this would garantee at least the army upkeep and not a waste run..................
HRdevil
†Just add -k†
Major

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 22:53:46 PM »

OK flanger i am very happy with the elimination of farmer mode, but i would like that the market be locked when under attack like in v4 models, that no buying is allowed only sales. this would garantee at least the army upkeep and not a waste run..................
0farmers = more warrior, less loot 4 real warriors, lesser  posibility... it also means that u will never get elite cause u suck. *Tongue*

HRdevil is no more, released his slaves on realm 38 & 5 and decended to the gates of Hell. evil4
blackdeath
Captain

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 23:21:00 PM »

if ypu have good game play,elites are very very easy to get. try blitz hrdevil.
HRdevil
†Just add -k†
Major

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 23:32:57 PM »

if ypu have good game play,elites are very very easy to get. try blitz hrdevil.
en espanol entiendes mejor venezolanito.

traduccion: i will one of these days.

Realmaker
Private

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 23:59:51 PM »

with all that said.... game owners admins or anyone that would be concerned about players leaving... do you have any idea how many people are talking about leaving the game? majority of them are paid members.  slowly but surely Imperia is chasing away those who paid for the new servers for 2-3 years with their paid memberships are going to leave within the next 3-4 days and those of us like I, won't have a reason to stay and play if most of my friends quit. what are you trying to do? i am in the board of directors of a large corporation and this is certainly the best way to bankrupt a business.  get it together, stop these changes that affect those players who helped make this game what it is and as popular as it is (won't be for much longer).  i would like a straight forward answer from someone about this change in goldmine rules, so i can pass it on to those wondering. they are simply waiting to see if this "HUGE" mistake corrected or they are leaving.
dupecmar
Lieutenant

Vadi kospe, vadi kospe, vadi kospe

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 01:50:14 AM »

with all that said.... game owners admins or anyone that would be concerned about players leaving... do you have any idea how many people are talking about leaving the game? majority of them are paid members.  slowly but surely Imperia is chasing away those who paid for the new servers for 2-3 years with their paid memberships are going to leave within the next 3-4 days and those of us like I, won't have a reason to stay and play if most of my friends quit. what are you trying to do? i am in the board of directors of a large corporation and this is certainly the best way to bankrupt a business.  get it together, stop these changes that affect those players who helped make this game what it is and as popular as it is (won't be for much longer).  i would like a straight forward answer from someone about this change in goldmine rules, so i can pass it on to those wondering. they are simply waiting to see if this "HUGE" mistake corrected or they are leaving.

I must say i agree with realmaker and flanger.

This game would become game for hard core players. Since i have a job i also can't be one of them.
blackdeath
Captain

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 02:03:19 AM »

en espanol entiendes mejor venezolanito.

traduccion: i will one of these days.
i am not venezuelan idiot. where i live and where i am from is completely different..................
HerrSchultze
I have come for you all
Major

yes! McD is all about kidz and burguers *freak*

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 06:01:52 AM »

i am not venezuelan idiot. where i live and where i am from is completely different..................
entonces eres chavista?  *freak*

HRdevil
†Just add -k†
Major

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 09:21:48 AM »

u may not be venezuelan but i got u located already muchachito muajajajaaa!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: