Imperia Online International
April 26, 2024, 15:13:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IOMI performances thread  (Read 61115 times)
Hiske
Trusted Member

I want a personalized magnet! :D

« on: March 28, 2009, 10:57:55 AM »

On behalf of the IOMI jury i'm opening this thread for the IOIdols! No spamming is allowed; but people who are competing can post their songs here and of course the jury will post their comments in here. You can sing as much as you want; but only 1 performance a week is allowed in the competition! so choose carefully!

One more word for the IOIdols; I personally find it amazingly brave that you guys/girls dare to sing and record your voice for the entire forum to hear! I'll admit that I'd never ever do this, cause my voice sux. But every one of you who's recording their songs is a winner in my eyes cause you are all very brave! So no matter what I (or any other IOMI-juror) writes in this thread; this is the most important thing!

IOIdols:
isolde
maeof
HerrSchultze
Naylrod
_LadyBlack
smruti
barbadon
Tinkov
Lassiter
The_God feat. Naftex
skeletan
Hamlet

if you haven't signed up yet, you can still participate as long as you record a song and post it in this thread.

Jury:
Hiske
Starbuck
smehh

THE RULES :

1. The competition is open to all and every person who has a forum account - be it a present or past player of Imperia Online. You need to declare your desire to participate in 1 week (until 25.03.09) and of course follow up with providing musical performances.

2. As planned for now, Music Idol will consist of 5 rounds, where each contestant will have a chance to perform a single song. If the participants wish so or the jury requires more evidence to decide - the competition can be extended by 1 round. The songs presented in each round have to answer to the specific topic assigned for each round.

3. The contestants will have 1 week to prepare their performance and present it to the jury for evaluation. The contestant can in case of emergency delay his performance by 24 hours after announcing in advance or miss ONLY ONE of the 5 required performance, but this will negatively affect its scores.

4. The performance must consist of a song in its entirety (not 2 minutes out of 5). The song can be performed with or without background music (a capella). There are no requirements regarding the software used to make the recording, but it must be good enough to allow evaluation of the performer's voice. I would recommend the following free software - Audacity, which can be downloaded here - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/, and allows recording your voice over instrumental music. The performance must be made public by uploading on a site (such as youtube) or in another way which is to be established later.

5. All participants in the competition will be judged and awarded scores in all 5 rounds by a jury (consisting of 3 members). The scores will be given by awarding points from 1.0 - 10.0 (with precision to the decimal point) and by following criteria which will be announced later. At the end, all points are summed up to form the final ranking, which will be used for giving the awards. If two or more participant have the same amount of points, the jury will vote which of them is more worthy of the reward, if an unanimous decision can not be reached - both will receive the same prizes.

THE AWARDS

Since I will be the single sponsor of this competition and a participant as well - if I happen to win an award (which I seriously doubt *Grin*), it will go to the next person based on the ranking in points.

First Place Prize: 1000 Imperial Credits

Second Place Prize: 600 Imperial Credits

Third Place Prize: 240 Imperial Credits

Favorite of the Public Award - 600 Imperial Credits ( All forum users will have a chance to vote for their favorite)

Most Promising Talent Award - 240 Imperial Credits ( To be decided by me together with the help of the jury)

The goal of these awards is to stimulate people to participate - this is not a commercial competition, it is for people who enjoy singing and want to share their gift (if they happen to have one *Grin*). It is for all of us to have some fun and feel good *Smiley*

Two last things to all :

1. THIS IS AN AMATEUR COMPETITION! You do not need to possess Madonna's voice or extraordinary talent to participate - the goal is to have fun and do something we like. THEREFORE, MAKING FUN OF ANY PERFORMANCE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED !  All remarks which sound anything like a derision of the participant's performance will be deleted !

2. I would be most grateful if you try to distribute the notice of this competition among your alliance members or on some of the other national forums to people which may not frequent the international forum and read it. Remember - more performers, more fun for you *Smiley*

And just so that noone will be shy to participate, I will try to post one of my horrible recordings tonight - so remember, you only have to beat me *Grin*

First topic: favorite song

I wish you all very good luck and a lot of fun!!!  *kissgirl*

week 1:
EMPIRECOL
Polymeron
isolde
_LadyBlack
HerrSchultze
Skeletan
Hamlet
Barbadon
Kropotkin
Badgersluvme
gEsS
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 19:30:24 PM by Hiske » Logged
isolde
Addict for life
Forum Staff

Η ευτυχία ανήκει στους αυτάρκης

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 01:17:01 AM »

Third juror :
Smehh (from the Bulgarian forum)

Additional participants from the Bulgarian forum:

1. Tinkov
2. Lassiter
3. The_God feat. Naftex
4. Possibly Skeletan if he has the guts to do it *Grin* and king_hoi who says he can only sing Serbian balads Huh?

Tomorrow we are going to figure out the criteria according to with the jury will judge the performances.

SONGS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY NEXT SUNDAY NIGHT - 05 - 04- 2009

I will make sure that all performances find their way in the Bulgarian and English forum.

Everyone who is NOT on the list can still participate *Smiley*
HerrSchultze
I have come for you all
Major

yes! McD is all about kidz and burguers *freak*

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 02:19:42 AM »

MY song, better late than never

>Nothing Else Matters.mp3 - 5.82MB<

isolde
Addict for life
Forum Staff

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 12:03:08 PM »

OK, all entries for now: yes, I am still waiting for few more cause to some people deadlines mean ....  *xxx*

1. Isolde - Angel by Sarah Mclachlan -  http://www.zshare.net/audio/582348993a173690/

2. HerrSchultze -  Nothing else matters by Metallica -   http://www.zshare.net/audio/58290645f17892c6/

3. Empirecol - O tu, o ninguna by Luis Miguel - http://www.zshare.net/audio/5811034998c3ebad/

4. Polymeron - Drops of Jupiter by Train  -  http://www.speedyshare.com/617224843.html

5. LadyBlack -  Cabaret by Liza Minelli -  http://www.zshare.net/audio/582588332b5fbecb/

6. Skeletan - Dusha (Soul) by Diana Express -  http://www.zshare.net/audio/582422454f20004e/

And yes, we are waiting possibly for Naftex is he manages to make it by Wednesday (he promised !). I hope that Naylie is going to post his song as well *Smiley*

All in all, I am really happy that people participated, I am very proud of all of you and I think its great fun ! I am particularly happy with Skeletan who dedicated his song to me and I am going to even translate it in English so the jury can enjoy as well the meaning of the song.
HerrSchultze
I have come for you all
Major

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 07:37:52 AM »

when are we gonna know the results for this round and what do we have to do in the next one?  *pardon*

isolde
Addict for life
Forum Staff

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 07:39:55 AM »

Well, hopefully results in the end of the week, we have one more amazing perfomance which I will post today (and yes, I mean the girl sings like a pro !)

Next week is a song in your favorite music style so you are SOMEWHAT limited but shouldnt be a problem for you *wink*
HerrSchultze
I have come for you all
Major

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 07:41:33 AM »

Well, hopefully results in the end of the week, we have one more amazing perfomance which I will post today (and yes, I mean the girl sings like a pro !)

Next week is a song in your favorite music style so you are SOMEWHAT limited but shouldnt be a problem for you *wink*
WEEEE!!!!  *ok* *ok*  *bravo* *bravo* *bravo*

METALLICA IS COMING AGAIN  evil4 evil4 evil4 evil4
This time it ain't a ballad  evil4 evil4 evil4 evil4
this time it is pure trash metal!!!!  *freak* *freak* *freak*

HARVESTER OF SORROW !!! *Angry* *Angry*

isolde
Addict for life
Forum Staff

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 14:19:30 PM »

And the last performance for this week it seems, I truly professional one if you ask me *Smiley*

From the bulgarian Forum, I present Hamlet - a lady who has recorded a song of her own composition and lyrics:

In my dreams :  http://www.bgremonti.com/V_Moiat_Sun-yana.mp3
Barbadon
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 15:12:43 PM »

Ok, after all the troubles i found on my way up.
It's finally finished.
I put it on the site.
When i am to late, to bad.

Thanks Hiske, what you did to me.  *hihi*

http://www.zshare.net/audio/584002829ea76314/

Still i hpe i am to late.  *hahaha*

Barbadon.
Hellin
“My Will Is Law ”
Trusted Member

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 17:02:23 PM »

Why too late?
I made you a fanclub Barbadon... Its called: Barbafan  *kissgirl*
We dutchies love you

So many Nightmares–so little time.

She was trapped and banished to The Other Side where she now waits, impatien
HerrSchultze
I have come for you all
Major

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 07:00:58 AM »

my round 2 song  *freak* *freak* *freak*
when do we get the results and what's up with pple?  *crazy* *crazy* *crazy* Huh? Huh?
master of puppets_mixdown.mp3 - 7.95MB

Hiske
Trusted Member

I want a personalized magnet! :D

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 08:43:58 AM »

my round 2 song  *freak* *freak* *freak*
when do we get the results and what's up with pple?  *crazy* *crazy* *crazy* Huh? Huh?
master of puppets_mixdown.mp3 - 7.95MB

due to the Big War we're a little delayed (at least I am...) but next week I'll write about the winners of the first week!!! so you can all practice a little more for now if you want...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 08:47:50 AM by Hiske » Logged
HerrSchultze
I have come for you all
Major

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 05:04:11 AM »

gEsS performance for round 1
http://www.zshare.net/audio/589393992d765fe0/

quite good *Smiley*

isolde
Addict for life
Forum Staff

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 10:56:58 AM »

OK, my proposition for evaluation criteria ! Yes, the jury has to start giving points- FINALLY !!!

1. Effort - we should all get an A *Grin* We tried hard, struggled with the software and sang our hearts out !

2. Emotion - well, some of can do it better than other, singing and feeling every word with your heart, so I think it deserves extra points

3. Technical details - all the good stuff that doesnt have much with singing - i.e noise, voice clarity - can you hear the words on the music background, etc.

4. Voice - well this is where it all comes down to what you can and cant do - do you hit the right notes, does it sound like an angelic call or a bovine death cry (its ok if it sounds like that *Grin*)

5. Personality - this might be a bit hard since you dont know and cant see the contestants but I think there must one subjective criteria - I think the jurors could maybe evaluate if they think the contestant sang a song that fit them or a song they liked or sang it extremely well even if their vocal range was a bit limited.

What do you think about this, someone else think of any other criteria or improvements to these ?
codegrrrl
Private

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 19:17:29 PM »

*bravo* When does the public get to vote?  I've already picked a winner!  *Embarrassed*
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: