Imperia Online International
April 26, 2024, 23:09:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you want to Turkey which a member of EU?
Yes - 4 (30.8%)
No - 9 (69.2%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TR - EU  (Read 6221 times)
seyhun
Translator and
Global Moderator

« on: December 06, 2008, 15:10:49 PM »

Do not add to this inquiry Turkey's people.
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 15:22:05 PM »

I want the EU to deepen cooperation with Turkey, but I do not want it to become an EU member until :
1) europeans agreed whether they want an Europe of nation-states (undemocratic but where national governments are the powers-behind-the scene and national vetos are upheld) or a Federalized Europe, where national governments become accountable to both national and European parliament (will provide much more democracy, but also incurs a great loss of sovereignty for the purpose of continental cooperation).
2) the current enlargement process in South-East Europe has been absorbed, democratic accountability has taken hold and living standards are around 70% of EU average .... and that'll take decades ...

Deus populusque
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 15:36:16 PM »

if croatia cant enter EU (which is in middle of europe,but sucky goverment  rant ) noone can  *freak*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
seyhun
Translator and
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 19:34:25 PM »

Well, I'm updating the issue. *Smiley*
I think, Turkey should be in EU. I mean, Turkey is a strong country. If Turkey joins to EU, EU will has lands in Asia at the same time. Okay, I agree that there are so ignorant persons in Turkey. But they are in everywhere. And at the same time, there are so good and cultured persons in Turkey. All in all, racism shouldn't be. What do you think about this issue, dear the forum members? *Smiley*
Decimus
Private

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 22:53:09 PM »

Well, I'm updating the issue. *Smiley*
I think, Turkey should be in EU. I mean, Turkey is a strong country. If Turkey joins to EU, EU will has lands in Asia at the same time. Okay, I agree that there are so ignorant persons in Turkey. But they are in everywhere. And at the same time, there are so good and cultured persons in Turkey. All in all, racism shouldn't be. What do you think about this issue, dear the forum members? *Smiley*
Hmm... isnt an easy isue to think about, I just taked a look at the acquis communitaire...this, turkey_EU relations, negotiations require, as a discution theme, a proper, extended introduction *Smiley*

Ultra-Decimus, ex-gthyju378.
Wow, arent forgotten: Excesiv, dinnu, a_sad_got :-*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: